Re: delay of the full etch freeze

On Thursday 12 October 2006 22:22, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> So I would recommend against moving the freeze deadline to allow
> packages in NEW to enter.

I would guess for the most part package is  NEW are not totally new
packages, but rather packages with a new upstream release that causes
(minor?) ABI changes or e.g. changes in packaging because of licencing
issues forcing _existing_ packages to go through NEW.
In those cases I can well understand maintainer's frustration if NEW
processing suddenly takes weeks again after we all just got used to
having NEW processed within days for a while.

Your point is valid, but I doubt it is valid for most packages currently
waiting in NEW.

Cheers,
FJP