Re: delay of the full etch freeze

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:38:21 +0900, charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org said:

> Le Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 06:58:55PM +0200, Andreas Barth a écrit :
>>
>> For these reasons, we are delaying the full archive freeze for a few
>> days.  We haven't chosen a date yet, but you can still expect it to
>> happen in October or early November.

> Dear Andreas,

> May I suggest to delay the freeze as long as it is necessary for the
> packages which were uploaded to NEW before the 8th to enter in Etch if
> they have no bugs?

[...]

It is probably better, in general, to let the RMs decide on a freeze
date, and make special exceptions for packages that are stuck in NEW, if
they choose, rather than to keep pushing back the freeze.

Of course, depending on when the actual freeze occurs, and how quickly
NEW is processed (which seems to be going more quickly now), this point
may be completely moot anyways.

--
Hubert Chan - email & Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)