Re: new mplayer

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 12:01:32AM +0300, Yavor Doganov wrote:
> I was wondering, what's so important about mplayer?  With totem and
> vlc (and I anticipate there's something similar for KDE) you have
> everything you need.

Except that mplayer is blazingly fast in comparison.
<http://grep.be/blog/lj/42852>. Most bugs that I mention in that blog
post have been fixed in the mean time (it's really dated 2004-11-01
rather than whatever my blog thinks it is), but the performance
difference is still there.

> I've never tried mplayer and I don't know how it looks or what it
> does, so that's just my uneducated guess.

Clearly.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22