Re: XS-X-Vcs-XXX field not (yet) announced

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 12:02:00PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Thanks, my preference is now for XS-Vcs-*, it requires changes which
> > only affect the code I'm able to change right now and it's nice looking.
> > I will send a new patch for the PTS and try to document it.
>
> While the name is still in flux, could I suggest XS-Repo-*?
>
> I tend to get VCS and RCS confused :-) and the capitalisation Vcs is a
> little bit strange.

The capitalization is not significant in AFAIK.

I don't like XS-Repo-* because "Repo" is neither an acronym nor a full
word. What about XS-Repository-*?  I like it.  But this choice still
leaves me puzzled about the name "repository", is it a significant name
across different VCS?

Cheers.