Re: stale lock files

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
> Le samedi 23 septembre 2006 à 10:33 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow a écrit :

>> What do you do on fuse, afs, coda, oracle fs, lustrefs? Do they all
>> have fcntl?

> AFAIK, afs, fuse and ocfs2 have (although recently introduced) posix
> locking support. Lustre users get what they pay for, and I don't know
> for coda.

AFS has supported full-file locks for many years, but doesn't support
byte-range locking (or, rather, byte-range locks that do not cover the
entire file are only enforced on the local system).  In other words, it
basically supports flock and not fcntl, but it will convert fcntl locks
that cover the entire file into the lock type it does understand.