Re: XS-X-Vcs-XXX field not (yet) announced

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 04:09:11AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         The role of arch is to make life easier for me, the developer,
>  not to fit some arbitrary criteria like  all projects must be
>  describable by a single URL.  If you think lacking that characteristic

You are stretching the intended meaning of the field. It it not, at
least in my mind, intended to be "a description of a project". It is
intended to be a pointer for package users to know where to look.
Nothing more than that.

> > The point about the field is to allow people easy access to the
> > source. That, by default, kind of rules out GNU arch already, and
> > especially so if you need to take 100 steps just to get there.
>         A hundred steps? I see you either have no idea what you are
>  talking about, or are trolling, so I shall drop this conversation
>  here.

Please guys, not another flame war on VCS :-)

Cheers.