Re: Debian cares more about documents than people

On Friday 22 September 2006 00:42, alfredo diega wrote:
> On 9/21/06, Thaddeus H. Black <thb@debian.org> wrote:
> >   I ask you, is that
> > fair?
>
> Well, I guess it isn't fair.  Look, have any of you ever sent an email out
> of
> frustration, then wish you could take it back?  I am sorry, I hope somebody
> will forgive me.
>
> I just need to loose my pride and switch to Ubuntu.  I haven't and I know
> the
> LUG here will laugh at me and tell me "We told you so" but what you say is
> true.  Different goals.  What I was telling my friends was I wanted to use
> the best community distro based on free software out there.  I thought it

If you think it is community based distro, and you want more frequent stable
releases (say, one release per year, i.e. every December before the Christmas
holidays ;-) then you might want to help to keep testing (resp. unstable) as
close as possible to a reasonable releaseable state. This means sending
decent bugreports, patches, etc. ... that should be community-made I belive,
and not just shouting out 'oh, can't wait, your old software doesn't not
support my new hardware'.

> was Debian and maybe it still is but I guess I need to ask myself:  What is
> the best community distro based on free software that isn't so free that it
> doesn't work.  I guess that right now is Ubuntu.

Will you approach ubuntu's mailing lists the same way when next Debian Stable
got released with much more current software than the latest Ubuntu Stable
release ?

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB