Re: [Pkg-sysvinit-devel] Re: Moving /var/run to a tmpfs?

On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 09:55:46AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:
> > [Mario Holbe]
>
> >> So, as long as the Debian policy doesn't handle this,
>
> > I agree that we should update the policy to document this fact.
>
> It would be quite nice to have more people participating in the Policy
> process in general.  There are a fair number of proposals, but not a lot
> of people reading proposals, helping achieve consensus, and seconding.
> For example, I haven't gotten any responses to my patch to document ~ in
> version numbers, and I'm not sure what happened to the menu policy
> overhaul.

I don't think policy changes need to be seconded.  We have a policy team
that should decide on what comes in policy and what not.  Although, it
more looks like it's just 1 person doing all the work.

I sometimes feel that they go to slow which changing things, and I'm not
really sure it's a good or bad thing.

Some of those currently open bugs against the policy package, like your
~ in version numbers, really shouldn't be a problem to get into the
policy.  I don't think anybody has a problem with it.  I think it's just
that no new version of the policy has been made yet.

Kurt