Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas? Debian official "update sub-release"

On Aug 28, Martin Wuertele <maxx@debian.org> wrote:

> Whoo no way! I don't want to updated my servers more than once 18-24
> months. I don't need php5, specs says php4 and php5, squid does it's job
> very good and clamav from volatile rounds the package up.
Then don't.
The problem for people like you is not more too frequent releases but
too short support for past releases.

> You don't run a lot of servers if you want to update them more
> frequently.
You don't run a lot of servers either if you never need versions of many
different packages more recent than a couple of years.

--
ciao,
Marco