Re: Problem sending to Alioth lists?

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> accessible mail server.  The point is that I only experience this
> problem with Alioth and SourceForge lists, where they use braindead call
> back mechanism to try and reach the host that originated the message.

I'm an Alioth administrator. If you expect help from us, you'd better not
say that our configuration is "braindead". This is the most basic thing
that we can do to avoid spam.

> Since I am using mutt and I simply have postfix set to use a smarthost,
> which does have a publicly accesible postfix running.

Other solution to fix your problem with postfix (instead of mutt) is to
configure address rewriting (/etc/postfix/main.cf):
# ADDRESS REWRITING
#
# The ADDRESS_REWRITING_README document gives information about
# address masquerading or other forms of address rewriting including
# username->Firstname.Lastname mapping.

sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical

And then put this in /etc/postfix/canonical:
<yourlogin> <your real email address>

And then generate the corresponding DB: sudo postmap /etc/postfix/canonical

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog