Re: Python Transition, Mass Bug fill and NMUs...

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> that could have been more clear, but I do have such tools to follow the
> transition, I use[1]. The two rounds of mass bug have been package that
> build public modules and extensions, and then all the other ones (+
> some missed one at the first stage).

 Ok, some things I consider bugs with the current state of the
 transition and I would have expected in a "Status of the Python
 transition" page:
 - way of expressing dependencies on a particular version of python
   modules (#379455)
 - support of rtupdate scripts
 - support of pure python2.3 modules (raised on debian-python@ last
   week)
 - reports of upgrade testing

> this seems to be quite well documented on the DebianPython/NewPolicy
> pages, buxy added some full examples, and I added some more things
> about cdbs recenlty. The page was also updated for private modules
> before the second mass bug fill.

 An example of what I would have expected to find on the page I describe
 is: what to do when your package ships both private extensions and
 private modules; solution a) could be to configure the package with a
 --libexecdir or similar containing the name of the python runtime and
 build it multiple times, solution b) could be to only build for one
 version of python.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>