Re: Centralized darcs

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 23:47, John Goerzen wrote:
> I do use darcs to track patches against upstream.  I really don't
> understand the whole cdbs/dpatch/whatever thing -- why use a hack to
> manage your patches when you could use a real VC tool that does it
> better?

Is there a common "best practice" procedure on how to deal with new
upstream releases then? I imagine that I unpack an upstream tarball, put
it under (D)RCS control and work on the debian/ directory. Then a new
upstream tarball is released. Do I just unpack it and do a merge? How do
tell my own patches (that I usually do in dpatch) from the upstream
changes?

Cheers
 Christoph