Re: Centralized darcs (was Re: centralized bzr)

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 09:06:19PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> This feature is in development for bzr, called the smart server.
> Just for completeness.
>
> John, are you actually using the workflow you describe for
> maintenance of Debian packages? Single or team maintenance? Could
> you elaborate a bit?

I do use darcs for almost all of my Debian packages.  You can find my
darcs repositories at http://darcs.complete.org/debian/

In darcs, every working copy is a repository, and a branch is just a
"get", and a commit to the canonical location is just a merge (darcs
push).

I've been using "darcs push", which sends the patch over ssh, instead of
the e-mail thing since I am the only committer to my repos.  But sending
a GPG-signed patch bundle can be as easy as "darcs send" and David
Roundy has posted recipes for processing those on the server.

-- John