Re: Centralized darcs (was Re: centralized bzr)

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006, John Goerzen wrote:
> Darcs has a nice way of pushing patches via e-mail, with GPG signatures
> even.  These can be processed in an automated way on the server,
> verified against, for instance, the Debian keyring, and then applied to
> the repository.

Which would also be a far superior way to deal with centralized bzr.  It
protects the repository against screwups on the developer's local bzr
package (he might be running an alpha version, for example :P), and it
provides a central point of control, which is interesting *when dealing with
centralized repositories*.  Heck, we could adopt even the
signed-of-by/acked-by workflow from the Linux kernel where desired...

> I think it would work even nicer.

Agreed.

  Henrique Holschuh