Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?

Le samedi 29 juillet 2006 à 00:12 +0200, Marco d'Itri a écrit :
> On Jul 29, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > The better solution is known: it implies being able to install several
> > udev versions together. Now *that* would be a great innovation. However
> Bullshit. While theorically possible it would be a complete hell to
> maintain for both users and debian maintainers.

So what? A solution that is hard to maintain is better than no solution
at all. It would be hard, but it would *work*. Then, there would still
be room for improvement.

> Repeating this lie will not make it true.

<aba mode>What? You call me a liar? You're pissing me off! Will you make
excuses now?</aba mode>

More seriously, I think you have been counterproductive in refusing
anything looking close to a solution to this problem. And by refusing
any step forward, nothing has changed. This is not the end of the world,
but all users upgrading from sarge to etch will face it.