Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?

On 7/28/06, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
Le vendredi 28 juillet 2006 à 23:10 +0200, Marco d'Itri a écrit :
> On Jul 28, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Happily you are here to innovate. For example, I love that kernel/udev
> > breakage in sarge to etch upgrades. This is indeed a great innovation
> > (i.e. something we didn't have before) that was inspired from Ubuntu.
> Nice personal attack, but you are wrong.

The last time I tried a sarge -> etch upgrade, the udev upgrade stopped
until I created /etc/udev/kernel-upgrade manually.

If this has changed, I would be the first to be pleased.

Let us calm down and think twice before replying, please.

Btw, it happened with a co-worker yesterday, i asked him to open a
bug. I think you could check for the report or open the bug Joss.
Hopefully Marco or somebody else is working on a better solution.

regards,
-- stratus