Re: package ownership in Debian

On 7/28/06, Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> wrote:
Gustavo Franco wrote:
> For existing packages:
>
> * The package that contains only the Maintainer field with the name of
> a person and not a group can be uploaded by any DD. ping the current
> maintainer is good but not required;

then I will have to found a 'these-are-daniels-packages'-group
consisting only of me? *scnr* :)

I meant with group of maintainers,  number of uploaders > 1. Joerg
Jaspert said that he wouldn't like to be forced to team maintenance
and suggested 0day NMUs for >= normal bugs with current rules (patch
to the bts), so if you add this rule to my suggestion, i think it's
better than 'ping not required', would be better than now too.

regards,
-- stratus