Re: package ownership in Debian (was: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?)

On 7/28/06, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
also sprach Gustavo Franco <gustavorfranco@gmail.com> [2006.07.28.1838 +0100]:
> * Promote NMU LowThreshold wiki list giving it some official status.
> The developer needs to be logged and mark if all his packages (where
> he's listed as uploader) can be NMU'ed or not. He could add comments
> like "I'm listed as uploader in foo but group x is the backup
> uploader";

How about a flag in the package's control file and an appropriate
column in the PTS?

I'm not sure about the details. Think about this use case: You're in
the middle of the transition, so this is ok NMU all  "your" packages
related with that transition. You won't upload a revision to point out
that NMUs are welcome. We're using wiki articles and stuff like that
today. There's wotomae (DWTT) coming too..

Well, i think the general idea is ok, we need to think about the
details and side effects. I would prefer something using PTS, but not
requiring package changes. It could be a signed mail to PTS
subscribing/unsubscribing packages from our own "Low Threshold" list.
The uploader would be able to query this information by email or using
the web interface.

regards,
-- stratus