Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 07:22:11PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
>> On Jul 28, Gustavo Franco <gustavorfranco@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Debian stopped innovating?
>> Yes. This should be obvious to people who joined the project before 2000.
>
> I'm one, and it's not obvious to me.
>
> Some things that have been done since I joined debian:

[...]
> Some of these are quite recent.

Agreed.  However, I do feel that some package maintainers are not
exercising enough thought about how their packages can better
integrate with the Debian system as a whole, as well as other related
packages.  As an example, there are many packages not registering
their documentation with doc-base, and doc-base itself could do with
some work on better supporting documentation formats other than HTML.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh
   `-    GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848   Please sign and encrypt your mail.