Re: Buildds still not picking up new architectures, why?

On Thursday 27 July 2006 14:26, Aurélien GÉRÔME wrote:
> Hi Ludovic,
>
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 12:45:11PM +0200, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> > I have requested an update to Packages-arch-specific for asis and other
> > packages, so that the buildds would try to build these packages on newly
> > supported architectures.
> >
> > LaMont Jones made the requested changes on 2006-07-23 [1].  Yesterday
> > (2006-07-26), I uploaded asis again (2005-4), hoping to have it built on
> > all supported archs.  But the buildds, again, only attempted builds on
> > powerpc and sparc, ant not on the newly supported ones [2].
>
> So do I with iroffer. Hell, I was going to do another upload of it
> to finally get it on ia64 and s390. However, what you say prevents
> me to do so for now.
>
> Lamont told me wanna-build gets an updated P-a-s from the CVS in less
> than 24 hours, probably by a cron job. Unfortunately, it seems this
> is a false statement or simply an assumption from his part. Hence,
> it leads me to think the file fed to wanna-build needs a manual update
> from the CVS.

Hello,

AFAICT Packages-arch-specific is a quinn-diff [1] conffile, so probably
bugreports should be filed against that package, but I'm not sure if
autobuilders actually use that package though. Also it seems like
dak/wanna-build/trigger.daily [2] should call quinn-diff to pick up new
entries from P-a-s, so not-picking new stuff should be filed against dak
package or quinn-diff package ? I don't know how lene/christina is involved
here. Hm, someone should really clarify these actually.

[1] packages.debian.org/quinn-diff
[2] http://cvs.debian.org/dak/wanna-build/trigger.daily?root=dak&view=markup
[3] http://cvs.debian.org/lene/christina?root=dak&view=markup

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB