Re: Problems with PDF creation

Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:

>> cjk is still a problem, that's right.  I hope I'll be able to sponsor an
>> upload of latex-cjk soon.
>
> Please.  I did few minor NMU to get it to etch.  I thought Anthony Fok
> is back in action.

Yes, he is, but Danai Sae-Han is taking over the package.

> I know current effort of moving developer-reference to XML is only for
> HTML and plain text.  There seem to be issues with building PDF from
> UTF-8.  Talk to W. Borgert" <debacle@debian.org> on this subject.

Yes, I'll do that.

>> > I know some package build PDF first as upstream.
>>
>> Sorry, I don't understand what you want to say.
>
> I saw sometime ago, some package had non-PDF source, and PDF file as a
> part of source.   Then build of the source package just moved PDF to
> binary package.

I think this is okay to save some build time as long as it has been
checked that building does indeed work.  Many upstream LaTeX documents
require the correct order and number of invocations of latex, bibtex,
makeindex, etc., and often there is no build infrastructure for that.

> Look into the source package and run "make ifupdown.pdf" (yep you need few
> more dependancy application installed like "dia". )

Thanks, I'll check that.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster