Why does doc packages need to contain gzipped files?

Hi

I have to my annoyance noticed that several of the doc packages
(especially development packages) contains files that are gzipped. That
is either example source files or pdfs etc...

My point is that if I choose to install a doc packages I intend to use
it frequently and would therefore like that it is user friendly rather
than that one has squeezed some few kilobytes out by gzipping files. If
I don't need the package anymore I can uninstall it to save the space.

When it comes to Changelog or other files that are included in all
packages (not only doc packages) it is fine that they are gzipped. I'm
only talking about the pure doc packages.

Thanks in advance

Preben Randhol