Re: cgiirc Hijacking

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 10:45:27PM +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 13:18 -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> > Who told you that the sarge fix would propagate?
> >
> > Packages don't *propagate* from stable.  If you want a package that
> > was uploaded to stable to go to unstable, an upload is needed.  You
> > should have asked for a sponsor.
>
> Well, at least this used to work in the past. If the version in stable
> was greater than that in unstable or testing, that version would also
> propagate there. This is not only convenient for security updates to
> packages with the same version in stable as in unstable, but also makes
> sure the condition stable >= testing >= unstable remains valid.
>
> Appearently this didn't happen here, but as far as I understand it,
> that's a bug.

The package isn't in sarge/stable on ftp-master/all mirrors, only on
security.d.o, that's why. Not a bug, but a 'feature' -- the package
hasn't been approved yet for stable[1], so neither propagated to
testing/unstable.

--Jeroen

[1] Due to infractructure not being ready yet, mostly

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl