Re: cgiirc Hijacking

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 07:02:50PM -0300, Damián Viano wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I've seen cgiirc[1] in a bad state for some time now, I tried to contact
> the maintainer (Mario Holbe) more than a month ago, offering my help and
> my work[2]. No answer so far.

Mario and I were busy. And I was trying to update the packaging.

Our sponsor is on vacation, we planned to upload when he
will return.

> 	This is a sponsored uploaded package that only had 1 upload, and had a
> DSA[3] issued which is still not fixed outside of sarge.

We made that DSA happen.

And we were told more than once, that the sarge fix would
propagate to unstable und ultimately testing. This did not
happen. Not our fault.

> 	It has been removed from testing and it would be a shame to ship
> without it, since it's just a maintenance problem.

packages.debian.org/cgiirc has it in testing.

> 	I currently have a developer willing to sponsor my work on this
> package, we'll be uploading tonight after the daily dak run if there is
> no further news on/from Mario. The urgency is mostly for the security
> bug.

Mario and I are happy, that you're now maintaining this
package. It frees us for other open source work we have to
care for and our real life.

As I still have some stuff for cgiirc packaging in my local
trees (partly by Paul Wise), I will file bugs with patches,
so you can consider including them.