Re: Please revoke your signatures from Martin Kraff's keys

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 01:55:44PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On 27 May 2006, Gunnar Wolf verbalised:
> > For me, yes, some questions asked, some delays involved, but no
> > detailed background checks. I'm sure neither the FBI or the CIA (or,
> > as for Mexican authorities, CISEN or PGR) were involved.
>
>         Then some government organizations do not take as stringent a
>  set of precautions as others do. That, by itself, is an unsurprising
>  statement.

In Spain, you are *required* to have a national ID card (if you are
over 18 years old), that means the Police will provide you with one
regardless of what background checks they might want to run. That is, they
*have* to provide you with a national ID card. Same happens with the passport
BTW. Unless they want to remove you of it (because you are being prosecuted
and they fear you might ran away), they *have* to provide you with a
passport. Not because it is a requirement, but because you have the *right*
to travel abroad (at least it is in Spain)

Regards

Javier