Re: Please revoke your signatures from Martin Kraff's keys

Manoj Srivastava dijo [Sat, May 27, 2006 at 09:38:00AM -0500]:
>         Only if we take the word of someone who was trying to subvert
>  the keysigning to belavour the obvious that it is easy to get people
>  to sign using purchased ID's. How do you know the claim about the
>  check was not another "test" to see if he can get away with this?
>  And there are all kinds of people who just hand over an ID, no
>  questions asked, for the appropriate amount of money.

Now, Martin has not come out in his own defense because he is
travelling in South-Eastern Mexico, and will continue for at least
some more days - If he _believes_ in the Transnational Republic as a
legitimate political (although unrecognized internationally) body, and
he shows his ID card to get the point through, as some sort of
propaganda? If he believes the ID to be valid, would that make much of
a difference to you?

Remember that the ID is just a way to link his face to his name, not
to put him under the umbrella of a political regime.

>         And, to the people who have trouble distinguishing between
>  paying for a passport and purchasing an ID, while I have had to pay
>  for all my official identity documents, merely paying would not have
>  got me one -- there were background checks, (Indian police in all
>  the places I had lived in, the FBI and the CIA, etc) -- and no
>  documents would have been issued if any of the checks failed.
>
>         One can purchase an ID merely by having the right contacts and
>  sufficient money -- which is a different kettle of fish altogether.

Again, your experience is quite different from many other
people's. Some have already said it's easier for them to get official
IDs. For me, yes, some questions asked, some delays involved, but no
detailed background checks. I'm sure neither the FBI or the CIA (or,
as for Mexican authorities, CISEN or PGR) were involved.

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23