Re: Creation of custom

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 10:47:48AM +0200, lists-debian@latendresse.de wrote:
> Am 15.05.2006 um 10:32 Uhr haben Sie geschrieben:
> > CFEngine is in Debian, but has some real nasty frustrations.  Puppet
> > isn't in Debian, but Jamie is working hard on the packages and I've got
> > some provisional ones built from his sources if you want to try it out.
> > Puppet is fairly new on the scene, but is maturing fast, and has much
> > less irritations.
>
> Well, of course I would like to try, that's  why I asked ;-)

You actually asked about custom packages, and might have rejected my
suggestions as not fitting into your desired solution... <grin>

> So how  can I get my (virtual) fingers on that (puppy) packages? Are they
> for sarge, otherwiese I will (have to) build some myself.

The ones I've got are intended for Ubuntu Breezy (the SOE for the client I'm
currently working for), but looking at the dependencies for all of the
packages, there's nothing that Sarge wouldn't satisfy.

I've put the debs up at http://www.hezmatt.org/~mpalmer/puppet/.  Note that
there's a new upstream version, but I don't have packages for that yet.

> What is the URL for puppy?

http://reductivelabs.com/projects/puppet/

- Matt