Re: renewing broken debconf database?

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 21:21 -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Drew Parsons wrote:
> > 	Name: xprint-common
> > 	Template: xprint-common/default_printer_resolution
> > 	Owners: xprint-common
> >
> > and /var/cache/debconf/templates.dat has
> >
> > 	Name: xprint-common/default_printer_resolution
> > 	Default: 600
> > 	Extended_description: .....
> > 	Type: string
> > 	Owners: xprint-common
> >
> > so I'm not sure what it means by
> > "xprint-common/default_printer_resolution doesn't exist".
>
> Because the name of the question is apparently missing the
> "/default_printer_resolution" part. I think your corruption is beyond
> easy repair, the best thing to do would be to delete the debconf cache.

I think I understand.  config.dat has

	Name: package

instead of

	Name: package/question

This seems to be consistent for each of the several dozen packages my
system is complaining about.

I could fix up each individual entry by hand, but I think I'll just
clean out /var/cache/debconf completely, I think.

Thanks for the help,

Drew