Plugin using packages and multiarch

Hi,

I wanted to point out one little problem for multiarch I got bitten
again today: Packages with a list of plugins in their conffile.

Lets look at pango as an example because that one bit me:

% head /etc/pango/pango.modules
| # Pango Modules file
| # Automatically generated file, do not edit
| #
| /usr/lib64/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-basic-x.so BasicScriptEngineX PangoEngineShape PangoRenderX common:
| /usr/lib64/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-thai-fc.so ThaiScriptEngineFc PangoEngineShape PangoRenderFc thai:* lao:*

Now what happens if I have a 32bit and 64bit libpango installed? Any
32bit application using pango will try to load those 64bit modules and
fail. This makes it impossible to have libpango with multiarch.

In general any library / plugin package (anything you need multiple
architectures of installed) has to use the arch-os-libc tripplet in
the conffile listing the plugins,

e.g. /etc/x86_64-linux-gnu/pango/pango.modules
or   /etc/pango/x86_64-linux-gnu.modules

I intend to file bugs about those in the future whenever I see one of
them but I would be nice if maintainers could think about this and
maybe already fix the issues in coordination with upstream before I
stumble across it more or less accidentaly.

MfG
        Goswin