Re: Wrong version in gconf2 dependencies

Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:56:36AM -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
>> > FYI, this will probably horribly break the udev configuration.
>>
>> There may well be situations where Udev breaks but I haven't seen
>> them.
>
> There is likely to be a wide variety of non-obvious breakage resulting from
> an operation like this.

Yes, but that still makes it a good idea to test it and try to improve
it.  Not only does it serve our users if such a switch is possible, it
also will unveil actual bugs in Debian, like the bug in the subject, and
help improve Debian.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster