Re: Installation is FANTASTIC!!!

On 4/21/06, Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 April 2006 10:37, you wrote:
> > The stable version installed so easily and well I just
> > couldn't believe it.  It is now far easier to install Debian than
> > Windows XP - yes - really.  And I'm not a regular Linux user.
>
> What praise.  Thank you very much!
>
> I just had to laugh out loud, because that other email is less than a week
> old: <http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/04/msg00277.html>
>
> (For those not speaking German:  Mr. Werner's opinion of Debian couldn't be
> more differrent from Barry Drake's .... and he's complaining about pretty
> much architecture independent stuff, so him using the inofficial AMD64 port
> doesn't matter.)

Babelfish says the other email was complaining that the resolution
should be higher and criticising the installer for being 90s-era. If
he wanted help he could have actually asked...at least some people
like Barry appreciate how easy it actually is to install! (I've had to
install DOS 6.22, Windows 3.11, Windows 95, 98, NT4 and XP before and
I'm quite tired of it!)

andrew

--
Andrew Donnellan