Re: removal of svenl from the project

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 08:23:53PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Sven Luther [Wed, Mar 15 2006, 08:04:50PM]:
> > On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 11:53:04AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > >         I strongly agree that Sven Luther is a disruptive element, and
> > >  his presence hurts the project more than it helps. I have found a
> > >  pattern of behaviour from him, where any discussion first focuses on
> > >  blame allocation, and swiftly proceeds to personal recrimination,
> > >  mischaracterization, and extreme polemics. Indeed, it is my
> > >  experience that his prolific, rude, and relentless insults,
> > >  misquotes, and distortions often result in delays in discovering the
> > >  correct technical solution to the problem being investigated.
> >
> > This comming from you, who insulted me on irc together with jonas while i may
> > have argued, but never used a and insulting word, about the ramdisk generation
> > issue, i guess you have no shame.
>
> Sven, you have a problem with not having the last word in a dispute.
> If someone hurts you (or even it may _look_ for you this way while it
> has not been meant to be offensive), you cannot stop and reconsider your
> actions. You have to kick your opponent again and again, and you insist
> on leaving the battle as a winner. At some point either you or your
> opponents (driven by your aggresive kind) began with stupid polemics,
> and on this point the constructive discussion is over. Eye for an eye is
> not a good way to find acceptable solutions.
>
> I am not sure that you do realize that. Because you did not anything
> wrong in your POV. And because eye-for-an-eye strategy may look okay in
> your eyes, and pushing the tone of the discussion into the dirt is
> acceptable risk (collateral damage). I am not sure that you won't be able
> to learn to act more cooperatively, trying to find compromises. But you
> have been warned and you shall get another chance, therefore I do not
> support this expulsion process (yet).

Well, this may be true, but it is a bit difficult though to stand by and have
its public process being made without intervening.

And then have those who insulted me personally (and sorry, but i believe fuck
off and idiot are more than match for coward), without even thinking the hurt
they could do, now stand up and support my removal. This after years and years
of contribution to debian, it is hard to take.

Also, this exact point you are making, is i believe a perception problem,
because it is exactly what made me misbehave in the case of jonas. I did the
work he should have done, proved without doubt, after a many hour examination
of the linux kernel source code, than he was wrong, and then i see aj
comending him for trying to solve the issue, and having things well in hand,
and some other guy menacing to publicly reprimand me, and jonas going on with
his bullshit.

Sorry, i am ranting again, i need to stop, i know, but it is not easy.

Friendly,

Sven Luther