Re: removal of svenl from the project

#include <hallo.h>
* Sven Luther [Wed, Mar 15 2006, 08:04:50PM]:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 11:53:04AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >         I strongly agree that Sven Luther is a disruptive element, and
> >  his presence hurts the project more than it helps. I have found a
> >  pattern of behaviour from him, where any discussion first focuses on
> >  blame allocation, and swiftly proceeds to personal recrimination,
> >  mischaracterization, and extreme polemics. Indeed, it is my
> >  experience that his prolific, rude, and relentless insults,
> >  misquotes, and distortions often result in delays in discovering the
> >  correct technical solution to the problem being investigated.
>
> This comming from you, who insulted me on irc together with jonas while i may
> have argued, but never used a and insulting word, about the ramdisk generation
> issue, i guess you have no shame.

Sven, you have a problem with not having the last word in a dispute.
If someone hurts you (or even it may _look_ for you this way while it
has not been meant to be offensive), you cannot stop and reconsider your
actions. You have to kick your opponent again and again, and you insist
on leaving the battle as a winner. At some point either you or your
opponents (driven by your aggresive kind) began with stupid polemics,
and on this point the constructive discussion is over. Eye for an eye is
not a good way to find acceptable solutions.

I am not sure that you do realize that. Because you did not anything
wrong in your POV. And because eye-for-an-eye strategy may look okay in
your eyes, and pushing the tone of the discussion into the dirt is
acceptable risk (collateral damage). I am not sure that you won't be able
to learn to act more cooperatively, trying to find compromises. But you
have been warned and you shall get another chance, therefore I do not
support this expulsion process (yet).

Eduard.
--
Wahrlich, keiner ist weise, der nicht das Dunkel kennt.
		-- Hermann Hesse