Re: NEW queue backing up again -- ftpmasters, any explanation or comment?

On 3/13/06, Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 03:23:29PM +0100, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> > Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > > 20:38 < Ganneff> the archive grow too fast too big. so i should not process
> > >   NEW so fast to not grow much more in a short term. something like that more.
> >
> > Well, if that's the reason, are updates to existing source packages
> > still allowed? I'd really like to fix my RC bugs and sync with upstream
> > at the same time but the latter would involve so-version changes.
>
> This is not the reason for any backlog, although it does limit amount of
> NEW accepts per day, but there's still plenty of room in each day to do
> a lot of NEW. The bigger bottleneck is simply human processing time.

It's clear for me that the NEW packages/per month processing time is
way better than sometime ago, thanks the ftpmasters for this. The
unsolved problems at this moment (as i see them) are:
- Some packages aren't accepted or rejected and stay there for too
much time with a unknown reason. If the ftpmasters agree we should add
more information in the NEW queue page[0] than the reject-faq;
- The process stopped for some time and some people thought it was due
the archive split. It's a HR issue or a PR issue and can be solved
easily IMHO.;

[0] = http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

-- stratus