Re: NEW queue backing up again -- ftpmasters, any explanation or comment?

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:

> also sprach Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> [2006.03.13.0752 +0100]:
>> Could be, but I believe I heard that most NEW processing is done
>> by one of the assistants while the mirror split is done by someone
>> else.
>
> The mirror split is a complicated endeavour. From what I understood,
> the NEW queue was put on hold on purpose until the split is
> complete.

That sounds like a sensible decision, then.  But why hasn't it been
announced, knowing that a silent stop of NEW processing would result in
many threads like this one (actually the second one I'm involved in...)?
And what are the sources you got the information from?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)