Re: Debian derivatives and the Maintainer: field (again)

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:03:05 -0800, Matt Zimmerman <mdz@ubuntu.com>
wrote:
>Do you realize that Xandros, who maintains a Debian derivative which they
>box and sell for US$50-$129 per copy, leaves the Maintainer field
>unmodified, and as far as I'm aware, was doing so for a period of *years*
>before Ubuntu even existed?  This never seemed to bother anyone, and
>personally, I don't think it's a big deal either.

Xandros does not employ a significant number of people in important
single-point-of-failure-positions in Debian, most notably not the
people who are notoriously known for not doing the job they have
volunteered for.

Additionally, Xandros doesn't have nearly the user base that Ubuntu
has, and they are not nearly as loud PR-wise as Ubuntu is.

Greetings
Marc