Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 06:47:22PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@ubuntu.com> writes:
>
>> > I believe there are still packages which break when bin-NMU'd (e.g.,
>> > Depends: = ${Source-Version}), and there are parts of our infrastructure
>> > which do not support them (Ubuntu doesn't do bin-NMUs).
>
>> That's correct.  These are bugs, and should be reported and fixed.
>
> Which would be totally pointless until dpkg itself is fixed to give
> packagers an alternative to ${Source-Version}.

I thought we had a fix-strategy in place for addressing these cases.
I'm sorry if we don't; then of course this strategy doesn't work. :(

I am coming around to think that a simple change to the source package
version might always be a good idea; it certainly is harmless.