Re: Need for launchpad

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 06:58:47PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 05:09:44PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > Hmm, it seems to me that Ubuntu has recently changed its practices
> > > regarding what degree of divergence from Debian is appropriate, notably
> > > in the introduction of the MOTU group.
> > The MOTU team was formed about a week after the first release of Ubuntu, in
> > October 2004.
> At what point did Ubuntu begin to add lots of people who weren't already
> seasoned Debian developers to the MOTU team, and set them loose making
> large numbers of changes to packages? Perhaps that's the inflection
> point that I'm looking for.

Well, if you want to know what's going on, you can always google. MOTU
Report #1, from 1st Mar 2005 (http://lwn.net/Articles/125666/) lists nine
MOTU, while the MOTU launchpad page (https://launchpad.net/people/motu/)
currently lists 35 MOTU, and the wiki lists some 22 MOTU teams
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTUTeams). These days there's also a fair
number of MOTU wannabes, I believe.

Cheers,
aj