Re: Need for launchpad

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Joey Hess wrote:
> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > This is only the latest expression of the same general discontent which has
> > been rehashed again and again on this list.  A year ago it was "Ubuntu
> > aren't contributing", then "Ubuntu aren't contributing in the right way",
> > and now "Ubuntu aren't contributing in the way that they say that they are".
> > Ubuntu hasn't significantly changed its practices; it is only the
> > accusation which has changed over time.
>
> Hmm, it seems to me that Ubuntu has recently changed its practices
> regarding what degree of divergence from Debian is appropriate, notably
> in the introduction of the MOTU group.

But this evolves constantly... for me it looks like it's evolving again in
the other direction as the MOTU discover how difficult it is to maintain so
many diverged packages. Of course, not every MOTU share that opinion but I
see a growing number who are concerned by this.

Nobody is perfect.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog