Re: [ad-hominem construct deleted]

Matt Zimmerman writes:
> Is the meaning of this statement truly unclear to you...

"Every Debian developer is also an Ubuntu developer" implies to me that I
can make uploads to Ubuntu.  I can't (not that I'm asking for that
privilege).  I don't doubt that it was meant as an expression of gratitude
and camaraderie, but it does not come across that way.  Perhaps "Every
Debian developer is, in a sense, also an Ubuntu developer" might get the
point across more clearly.

> Emailing every Debian maintainer to notify them that their package is
> present in Ubuntu sounds like spam to me...

It doesn't to me.  I am pleased when downstream distributions notify me
that they are using my packages.

--
John Hasler