Re: Does it sometimes happen that people send mails before NMU ?

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 11:35:17PM +1000, Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> If you've got more information than is in the bug report, that's fine; add
> it to the bug report, and do whatever else is appropriate to fix the problem.
>
> Closing reports without fixing real bugs isn't "fine", but there's no
> point I can see to moping about it on -devel -- especially when the bug
> report didn't have all the information.

The point is: fixing RC bugs without going a bit further than what is
written in the bug report (which actually stated "At least the
following files", implying further investigation necessary) is the result
of the "let's fix RC bugs so that the RC bugs count goes down" attitude.

I just got pissed by the does-not-fix-anything
second-in-a-row-without-notice NMU.

I will, indeed, reopen the bug and document it.