Re: Canonical's business model

[David Nusinow]
> As far as I know this wasn't any corporate decision by Canonical to
> give back to Debian, but it was a personal decision by Daniel to
> help me (for which I'm immensely grateful).

I do not really understand this kind of reasoning.  I get the
impression that you see a difference in the people in organizations
cooperating and the organizations cooperating.  I'm not sure how you
imagine organizations cooperating, but as far as I know, they do so by
hiring people capable and willing to cooperate, and not prohibiting
them to do so.  And as far as I can see, that is what is happening
between Debian and Ubuntu.

We can and should (and obviously is) discuss the form the cooperation
takes, but claiming that Ubuntu and Debian isn't cooperating while the
people in those organizations are do not make sense to me.