Re: Canonical's business model

Gustavo Franco wrote:
> I agree with "similar things being said" but i'm yet to hear about the
> lack of collaboration and give Debian something back. For example: I
> don't remember too much people caring about PGI (Progeny) and after
> that anaconda "port" to say that they weren't contributing the
> installer efforts to us, even when d-i was already there.

FWIW, progeny uploaded pgi to Debian (I forget if it ever made it out of
incoming) and have contributed back other tools like pickaxe too (pity
we haven't tried to use it and are still stuck with the Evil that is
debian-cd). I think it was pretty clear by the time their anaonda port
came around that Debian was not very interested it it except possibly as
a fallback if d-i failed to materialize.

--
see shy jo