Re: Canonical's business model

On 09-Jan-06, 13:52 (CST), Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> I think that more than one thing can be going on at once.
>
> There are commercial companies that keep things secret for competative
> advantage and *also* contribute other things back to the broader
> community.  IBM, for instance, to take a prominant example.  I don't
> believe that all of the rhetoric around Canonical is bogus; I think much
> of it is entirely true.
> [etc.]

Russ, if you continue to post reasonable analysis and commentary to
debian-flame^Wdevel, instead of adopting one of two extremes available
for a given war^Wdiscussion, you will be asked to leave.

Steve, hoping the smiley (and appreciation) is obvious.

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net