Re: Need for launchpad

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:28:00AM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 11:25:28AM +0100, Stephan Hermann wrote:
> > Everything what is on https://wiki.launchpad.canonical.com/ is free to use.
> > Read and think again. Or use another example: Amazons code is not free to
> > see, but you can use the interfaces described in their developers documents,
> > same applies to google api.
>
> This point is moot unless you can point me to the launchpad public API.
> Which, AFAIK, does not exist.

Today there are at least two public APIs to Launchpad, the gpg-authenticated
email interface to Malone
(https://wiki.launchpad.canonical.com/MaloneEmailInterface) and the RDF
export facility (https://launchpad.net/rdf).

Some others have been specified but not yet implemented, e.g. some XML-RPC
APIs defined here:

https://wiki.launchpad.canonical.com/?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=xml-rpc&fullsearch=Text

> > > People in glass houses, and all that.  Last time I got a serve from someone
> > > on an Ubuntu channel, I raised the issue of the Code of Conduct and got
> > > told "so what?".
> >
> > I don't know if this guy who said that, ever signed the code of conduct, well
> > I signed it, and I try to stick with it as hard as I can. Ok, nobody can take
> > my sort of irony or sarcasm away. I'm sorry for that.
>
> Nobody here "signed" the CoC of the Debian lists. Go away.

They were both referring to the Ubuntu Code of Conduct[1], which is
digitally signed by members of the Ubuntu community as an acknowledgement of
its terms, not the code of conduct for Debian mailing lists[2].

[1] http://www.ubuntulinux.org/community/conduct