Re: Thoughts about changing Debian's release process

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 08:10:58PM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 09:36:36AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > > sausage-machine style. Then of course you need to keep it up to date as
> > > well.
> >
> > I think that last phrase is the major problem...
>
> Yep, likewise. I still think having each part of our infrastructure as a
> package would be a good solution but I can't currently volunteer for
> that.

Yeah, I'm thinking this is a more feasible approach than FAI now that I put
a bit of thought into it. Any given Debian box does a whole bunch of things,
and you want to be able to take (using the example) packages.d.o and move
it, so if all the infrastructure for packages.d.o was in a package, you'd be
laughing. You could then reshuffle services between boxes very easily.

regards

Andrew