Re: Thoughts about changing Debian's release process

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 08:09:16PM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:

> Yep. The problem is that you need umpteen iterations for the
> installation and you'll end up changing the FAI setup, installing,
> waiting half an hour, testing, doesn't work, change FAI, repeat.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt :-(

It is one of the deficiencies of FAI, but also why the documentation says to
plan your installation :-)

That said, I've had a preliminary look at gluck, and the fact that it has a
SmartArray and funny device names is going to make testing out a FAI install
rather interesting for me...

regards

Andrew