Re: New stable version after Sarge

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 09:31:41 +1100, Andrew Pollock
<apollock@debian.org> wrote:
>That said, this (rather large) blocker shouldn't be the issue it has been
>for this release for the next one. The two biggest blockers to releasing any
>time soon have been the installer and the security infrastructure. I'm
>actually not abreast of what the issue is with the security infrastructure,
>so I don't know if it's likely to be a blocker all over again come etch
>release time. I'd like to think it's going to easier to release etch sooner.

I am more pessimistic about this. Boot floppies and security
infrastructure have been delaying woody for multiple months as well,
and if we don't have security and installer delaying etch, I am pretty
convinced that there will other stoppers this time.

We have been talking about a "release nightmare" with potato and
woody, and that sarge is an even bigger one is as clear as one can
see. I suspect a tendency here.

Greetings
Marc