Re: New stable version after Sarge

El mié, 05-01-2005 a las 23:13 +0000, Matthew Garrett escribió:
> Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo <jsogo@debian.org> wrote:
>
> >  I agree with you on this. People using stable can not cope with
> > upgrades each 6 months or so.
>
> The issue isn't the frequency of new stable releases - the issue is how
> long a given stable release will be supported for. Releasing every 6
> months wouldn't be a problem if we could support the previous two
> releases as well. That's probably excessive, but the optimal release
> length depends on how much support we can provide.

 Yes, but I think that we are not going to be able to support more than
one release (or one and a half, if testing security team works) at a
time, with perhaps supporting two for some time after the release of a
new stable.

 This is not only an infraestructure problem, but a problem of DD time
and DD effort and knowledge, which for some tasks can be a bit reduced.

Cheers,
--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
   jsogo@debian.org