Re: congratulations to our ftp-master team

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 11:08:52AM +0100, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
>  I *guess* mplayer could do likewise.

MPlayer was once very picky regarding the versions of ffmpeg that it
does compile with. Moreover MPlayer want to link all core libraries
together (for performance reasons). So I think not.

> Notice, in any case, that the xvidcap packages in NEW *don't* use ffmpeg, the
> source code is there:
>
> $ ldd /usr/bin/xvidcap  .........

'ldd' does not mean anything: most versions of xvidcap ship a  copy of
ffmpeg in their own sources:

$ wget
http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/xvidcap/xvidcap-1.1.3-p7.tar.gz

$  tar xzf xvidcap-1.1.3-p7.tar.gz